Introduction and Purpose
The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) governs the controlling and processing, such as the use or holding, of personal data, which is essentially any information about identifiable living individuals, and also gives those individuals certain rights and remedies in respect of that information.
The purpose of this notice is to supply you with the required information at the time of providing us with your personal data. This will lay out the essentials such as the what; where; when; and how in relation to the personal information collected. This should help you feel more confident about the privacy and the security of your personal information.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully. By visiting our website or by using any of our services, you indicate your agreement to our use of your personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice.
Identity and contact details of the Data Controller
Your Treasurer Ltd (“YT”) company number 7045197 whose registered office is at 18 Lily Close, London, England, W14 9YA, is the Data Controller who is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the GDPR.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer
YT’s Data Protection Officer is Donald Aiken and can be contacted through firstname.lastname@example.org. This individual has oversight responsibility for the usage and processing of personal data. Any questions relating to data security should be directed to the Data Protection Officer.
Contact and Communication
Users contacting this website and/or YT do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to support the email submission process but be advised that users using this process do so at their own risk.
Information we collect about you
When do we collect information?
We will collect information from you when you either: register with us, apply to use any of our services, become our client, and/or contact us in person, by telephone, email or post. We also collect information from you when you provide feedback or complete a contact form on our website.
We may collect information about you from fraud prevention agencies and other organisations when we undertake checks such as identification verification checks, as explained further below.
What information will we collect and why?
We may collect your contact details, such as your name, telephone number and email address in connection with treasury support services provided to your organisation. We may also collect information from you when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback or complete a contact form on our website.
We may use Google Analytics to measure the effectiveness of our website and marketing strategies and tailor content towards our visitors. The information collected may identify your ISP domain, but it does not identify you personally. Google holds this data and makes it available to authorised users to access. Other less intrusive tracking technology, such as session cookies, is used by this website, to help manage traffic on our servers. These cookies do not collect any personal information about the user and are deleted from our system when your session on our website expires.
We may also use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. Again, these cookies do not collect any personal information from your PC, but help us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find to be useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
YT cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and YT cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
YT does not make use of automated processing or decision making.
How will we use your information?
We use information held by you in the following ways:
- To process your application to use our services;
- To comply with our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To help protect your information and prevent unauthorised access to it;
- To deal with any queries, complaints or problems reported by you;
- To generate statistics relating to use of our website, such as the popularity of certain features or services. We do not use personally identifiable information for these purposes;
- if required to do so by law and to the extent necessary for the proper operation of our systems, to protect us/our customers, or for the enforcement of any agreement between you and us;
- to notify you of changes to our services; and
- to help improve the services we provide to you;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already engages us to provide, or enquired about. In such instances YT will only do so where we have received explicit consent from you to do and for each separate method of communication. You may opt out of receiving this information when we collect details or at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
Unless otherwise stated in this Privacy Notice, the legal basis for our use of your personal data will be that this information is required for one or more of the legitimate interests described above.
How will we protect your information?
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure.
Who would we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your information to:
- Businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies within YT, or that become part of that group;
- Our IT providers, services providers and agents in order to provide and maintain the provision of the services;
- Our appointed auditors, accountants, lawyers and other professional advisers (e.g. compliance consultants), to the extent that they require access to the information in order to advise us;
- Fraud prevention agencies and other organisations to allow us to undertake the checks set out below. We will supply details of such agencies on request;
- Meet applicable law, the order of a court or market rules and codes of practice applicable to the circumstances at the time; and
- Investigate or prevent fraud or activities believed to be illegal or otherwise in breach of applicable law.
We will not lend or sell your information to third parties.
We are committed to only keeping your personal data for as long as we need to in order to fulfil the relevant purpose(s) it was collected for, as set out above in this notice, and for as long as we are required or permitted to keep it by law.
We retain copies of our customer contracts in order to enable us to deal with any legal issues for 5 years after termination or expiry of our contract with you. We retain details of complaints for 5 years from the date of receipt.
We also keep records of contact information and electronic communications for 5 years.
You have a key right to learn and have access to what personal information is held by YT and able to ask us for details on this. When we receive such a request we will endeavour to provide you with these details without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt. We may extend the period of compliance by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. In such instances the Data Protection Officer will inform you within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
When YT receives a subject access request we will provide a copy of the information held free of charge. YT may charge a reasonable fee to comply with requests for further copies of the same information. This does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests rather that YT reserves the right to charge a fee based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
If after reviewing a request the Data Controller believes a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive, then YT may charge a ‘reasonable fee’ which will be decided on a case by case basis. In certain circumstances YT may even refuse to respond to such requests.
You also have the following rights (unless exemptions apply), which can be exercised by contacting us using the details provided below:
- To request the rectification or completion of personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- To restrict or object to the processing of your personal data (from 25th May 2018 onwards);
- To request its erasure under certain circumstances; and
- To lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal data is being used to your Data Protection Authority: The Information Commissioner’s Office (United Kingdom).
When you contact us to exercise any of the rights above, we may ask you to provide some additional information in order to verify your identity, such as your name, your address and proof of identity.
If you would like to lodge a complaint or exercise any of your above rights, you can contact us at:
Post: Your Treasurer Ltd, 18 Lily Close, London W14 9YA.
Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office direct.
Where we rely on your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.